Jonathan's ADC arrested by EFCC

The N10billion is believed to have been
diverted from oil receipts as follows:
USD5.0M (November 14,2014); $47m
( November 27, 2014); Euro 4.0M (December
3, 2014) and Euro 1.6M(December 24, 2014).
Jonathan’s ex-ADC, alongside Waripamowei
Dudafa, another key aide to the former
president, were said to have collected $47m
and some Euros from the Office of the
National Security Adviser (ONSA).
Recall that Col. Sambo Dasuki, former
national security adviser, in his Statement of
Witness/Accused person which had been filed
in the High Court of the Federal Capital
Territory(FCT), said over N10billion was
given to the ADC and Dudafa.
Adegbe, who was arrested in Lagos has been
relocated from Mogadishu Cantonment for
quizzing by the EFCC. Investigation revealed that the EFCC had
opened effective investigation into the cases
against officers of the Nigerian Army.
According to the acting director, Defence
Information, Brig.-Gen. Rabe Abubakar, the
military was committed to supporting
government policies to combat the menace of
corruption.
“Whosoever is involved is immaterial. I don’t
have such information now but whosoever is
involved, we will support the relevant agencies
to do their jobs. This is something that would
be beneficial to the country,” he said.
Seven serving army officers were reportedly
handed over to the anti-graft agency at noon
on Thursday. It was gathered that the ongoing
interrogation of the former ADC by EFCC
operatives could open up a new can of
worms that will be more shocking than that
of Dasuki.
According to EFCC sources, the former ADC
may soon give details of all he knows with
regards to financial transactions and the
dramatic personae involved in the last
administration.
Sources also said many top Nigerians,
“including some very close persons” to the
former president, may likely be called to
explain and defend their roles in the handling
of the funds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY LASSA FEVER PERSISTS IN NIGERIA –PROF. AGBONLAHOR

Buhari: What Lai Mohammed said about pictures of president meeting with governors in London